- 1 pound lump crabmeat (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 cup minced green scallions
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs (may need a bit more if crab is watery - needs to hold together)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons olive or cannola oil
Gently mix crabmeat, scallions, herb, Old Bay, bread crumbs and mayonnaise in medium bowl, being careful not to break up crab lumps. Carefully fold in egg with rubber spatula until mixture holds together.
Divide crab mixture into four portions and shape each into round cake. Arrange on baking sheet lined with waxed paper; cover with plastic wrap and chill at
least 30 minutes (not more than 24 hours).
Place flour on a plate or in a pie tin. Lightly dredge crab cakes. Heat oil in large, skillet over medium heat until hot. Lay chilled crab cakes in skillet; pan-fry until outsides are crisp and browned, at least 4 to 5 minutes per side. Make sure to cook long enough so that the insides are cooked. Best when browned crispy well on both sides. Garnish with Lemon slices, cocktail or tarter sauce.