- 4 pork cutlets, pounded thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle of Paprika Powder
- 3Tablespoons of Butter, divided
- 1 red & 1 Green Bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced into thin strips
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 Cup of Beef Stock and Red wine mixed
Pound the pork cutlets until thin, season with Salt, Pepper and Paprika Powder on both sides.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet, sauté Pork cutlets briefly for about 3 – 4 minutes turning once. Remove the cutlets from the pan and reserve on a platter and keep warm. In the same pan add 1 tablespoon of butter, add the onion, red and green peppers and mushrooms simmer until soft. Add flour and stir until just fragrant, add stock/ wine mixture, stirring until smooth and slightly thickened, being sure to mix in scrapings from the bottom of the pan. Return pork to pan & simmer for 5 minutes and serve over noodles or spaetzle or with Pomes Frites (fries) or our favorite, potato pancakes.
Thanks to Chef Robert B. Graf of Alphorn Bistro, Inn at Danbury, Danbury, NH for this recipe. www.innatdanbury.com