- 8 medium sized firm apples, washed, cored, partially peeled at the top (1/3 way down)
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup dates, pitted, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy, optional
- 1 cup water, apple juice or apple cider
Place apples in a baking dish, evenly spaced away from each other.
Mix together the oats, brown sugar, Apple Cranberry Chutney, apricots, dates, orange zest, sliced almonds and brandy
Add cold unsalted butter pieces and toss well.
Stuff apples with mixture
Pour water, apple juice, or cider into baking dish
Cover with lid or foil
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes
Uncover, baste with liquid, continue to cook until apples are easily pierced with a fork (about 10 minutes)
Thanks to Stonewall Kitchen of Maine for this delicious recipe.