- 1 lb. fettuccine, cooked to perfection
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ( 2 cans) drained minced clams or baby clams
- 3/4 cup clam juice (from cans)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
Prepare fettuccine according to package directions. Rinse and reserve.
In butter and olive oil, sauté the garlic, green onions, basil, parsley, salt and pepper till wilted and fragrant.
Add the clams and sauté for 3 minutes, then add the clam juice and simmer for 3 minutes. Add pasta and heat through, then toss with cheese and serve.