- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup minced shallots or green onions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped seeded plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups hot cooked linguine
- 3/4 pound large sea scallops
Combine wine, shallots, lime juice and ginger in a skillet, bring to a boil. Cook on medium heat until reduced to 1/2 cup
Strain mixture through a strainer lined with cheese cloth or mesh strainer into a bowl, reserving liquid. Return wine mixture to skillet. Add cream; cook over medium heat 1 minute. Add butter, stirring until melted. Add tomato, 2 tablespoons cilantro, salt, and pepper. Add linguine; toss well.
Cover and keep warm.
Spray a skillet with olive oil cooking spray. Heat. Place scallops in pan for 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Combine with pasta and toss.