- 8 oz large stuffing mushrooms
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small rib celery, chopped
- 3 oz small shrimp, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs seasoned bread crumbs
- Sliced Mozzarella cut into squares to place on top of mushrooms
Remove the stems from the mushrooms, trim and discard the
tough ends, and chop the stems finely.
Heat the oil in a skillet over
moderate heat and sauté the mushroom stems and celery for 5 minutes.
remaining ingredients and sauté 1 minute.
Spoon the shrimp mixture
into the mushroom caps and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
Place cheese on top
Cook under a preheated broiler until the tops are golden brown, about
Serves 4 to 6.