- 5 medium Russet potatoes, quartered and cooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4 cups coarsely chopped cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Dice the potatoes.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and cook the onions for 8 minutes or until lightly browned. Melt 3 tablespoons butter, Dice potatoes in pan arrange the potatoes in an even layer. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned and crisp on all sides.
Make a hole in the center of the potatoes and onions creating an opening in the middle. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in the center of the pan. Add the turkey. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until turkey is crisp and lightly browned. Stir the turkey into the potato mixture. Cook 5 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
Add the thyme, parsley, scallions, salt, and pepper. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons butter and stir until melted and combined.