- l bag baby spinach, washed and patted dry
- 8 large mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 8 hard boiled eggs, shelled and quartered
- 2 slices of sweet red onion
- l cup
Hot Bacon Dressing:
- 3 chopped onions
- 1-1/2 lbs diced raw bacon
- 2-1/2 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup vinegar
- 4 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp salt
Divide spinach on to 4 plates. Top each salad with 2 sliced mushrooms, 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered, half a slice of sweet red onion, separated into rings, and 1/4 cup croutons.
Drizzle with hot bacon dressing to taste and serve
Brown bacon until well done; add onions. Saute until onions are translucent.
Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes, until somewhat thick.
Makes almost 1 quart.
Refrigerate leftover dressing and warm before using again.