- 2½ T. cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 6 T. extra virgin olive oli or walnut oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 small head radiccio, leaves separated and cut lengthwise into narrow strips
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated and cut lengthwise into narrow strips
- 1 small head frisee, tough stems removed and torn into small pieces
- 1 tart green apple, thinly slice, peel left on
- 1 sweet red apple, sliced, peel left on
- ½ c. walnut halves, toasted
- wedge of sharp white cheddar cheese
Whisk together the first three ingredients in a small bowl. Combine the lettuces in a large bowl and toss well.
Using a vegetable peeler or sharp paring knife, shave curls of the cheddar over the top.