- 1 pound fresh pasta of choice
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 cloves smashed garlic optional
- 10 fl. oz. heavy cream
- 2 oz. grated Parmigiano or Romano cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Melt butter over medium heat. If adding garlic do so when butter is melted and let saute for about 2 mins.
- Add heavy cream, cheese, salt, and nutmeg.
- Stir slowly over medium heat until the sauce thickens slightly. Watch as this can boil over very easily
- Prepare pasta according to instructions and add to sauce; stir over medium heat until pasta and sauce are well incorporated.
- If sauce gets too thick or sticky, add pasta cooking water a tablespoon-full at a time.
Double if you are using as a sauce for cutlets.