Apples Baked In Maple Syrup
- 5 Macintosh or Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup shredded walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 3/4 cup Vermont Maple Syrup
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs. butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Core apples and peel if desired. Place in a pie plate or shallow baking pan. Combine walnuts and raisins and stuff apple cores.
- Combine maple syrup and water. Add butter and pour over apples.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake 45 to 60 minutes. Remove foil after 30 minutes, and baste with maple mixture 3 or 4 times for duration of baking.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Buy Vermont Maple Syrup Online!