Chicken Noodle Casserole
- 1 can 10 3/4 ounces condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 medium onion sliced thin (I carmelize the onions first)
- 1/4 cup chopped green celery & 3 cloves minced garlic sauteed until soft
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper optional
- 1 cup 4 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 12 ounces medium egg noodles cooked and drained
- In a large bowl, combine soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add the chicken, onion, peppers, cerlery, garlic, 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese; mix well. Add noodles and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender and cheese is melted.
(I am not a fan of using canned anything, but this recipes is outstanding)