Chilled Morning Berry Soup
- 2 cups fresh slightly frozen strawberries
- 1 cup fresh chilled raspberries
- 1 cup fresh chilled blueberries (substitute with any berries)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
- powdered suger
- fresh berries on side for garnish
- fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- In cuisinart or blending machine, add the strawberries and the raspberries and mix until blended. Then add 1 cup of the yogurt and 1/4 of the heavy cream or milk and mix again until blended. Should be smooth and not lumpy but don't overmix into too fine a liquid. Pour mixture into pouring pitcher.
- Then, mix blueberries, the rest of the yogurt and the rest of the heavy cream or milk until blended. Take first mixture and pour into shallow soup bowls, leaving room for the second mixture which you drizzle OR swirl on top. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, top with chopped or cut berries and a sprig of fresh mint. Serve immediately.
Yield: 5 cups