Chocolate Mayo Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease two 9 inch layer pans.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, and sugar
- into a large bowl. Stir in mayonnaise. Gradually add water
- and vanilla and blend until smooth. Pour batter into
- prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
- Cool, remove from pans, and frost with your favorite frosting. This is the perfect cake to use a fruit jam in the center and sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.