Fettuccine w/ White Clam Sauce
- 1 lb. fettuccine cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 cans drained minced clams or 1 lb fresh baby clams
- 3/4 cup clam juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Prepare fettuccine according to package directions. Rinse and reserve.
- In butter and olive oil, sauté the garlic, green onions, basil, parsley, salt and pepper till wilted and fragrant.
- Add the clams and sauté for 3 minutes, then add the clam juice and simmer for 3 minutes. Add pasta and heat through, then toss with cheese and serve.