Fiddle Head Pie
- 1 uncooked 9 inch pie crust
- 2 cups of fiddle heads sautéed and coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon of coarse mustard
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Precook pie crust for about 20 minutes.
- Sautee fiddle heads in olive oil until tender. Place fiddle heads in pie crust, place cheese on top pf fiddle heads.
- Blend eggs, mustard, milk, flour, and pour over fiddle heads and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Pie is cooked when knife comes out clean when inserted into pie.
- Let set for 5 minutes or so before cutting.