Maine Blueberry Pie
- 1 prepared double pie crust
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 6 cups blueberries fresh or thawed drained frozen
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In large bowl, mix sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir in blueberries. Pour into pastry-lined pie plate. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Cut butter into small pieces; place on blueberries.
- Cover with top pastry. Cut slits for venting and seal. Please on a pie baking sheet or place foil on lower oven rack to prevent dripping.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking.