- 1 Tbs. 1 packet gelatin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup Vermont maple syrup
- 4 cups heavy or whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds walnuts, or hazelnuts
- Sponge cake or ladyfingers
- Soak gelatin in water for 10 minutes. Heat maple syrup until warm (not hot) and combine with gelatin mixture. Chill until thickened slightly.
- Whip cream until soft peaks form. Fold 2 cups into maple syrup mixture. Add 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
- Line a bowl or charlotte mold with pieces of sponge cake or ladyfingers. Pour in filling and chill for 2 1/2 hours, until firm.
- Remove from mold onto serving platter and drizzle with small amount of maple syrup. Serve with remaining whipped cream and chopped nuts.
- Serves 8 to 12.
Buy Vermont Maple Syrup Online!