Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 cups WHOLE milk
- 3/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1/3 cups pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg freshly ground
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a blender, place 1 cup milk, brown sugar, molasses, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. Blend on high until smooth, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a bowl, whisk in remaining milk and heavy cream.
- If not making ice cream immediately, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Turn on ice cream maker. Pour pumpkin mixture into freezer bowl. Mix until desired consistency, about 20 - 25 minutes. Begin checking consistency after 12 - 15 minutes.